Site Loader

When the IRS is coming after you for missed filings, late payments, or other discrepancies in your taxes, what do you do? Many people feel as if they have no choice but to do what the IRS says. And, if they threaten to garnish wages or otherwise come after your business, what would you do? More often than not, you do have rights, and you do not have to bow down to the IRS and other tax agencies. With the help of an IRS tax attorney, not only will you learn what your options are, but also avoid giving in to the IRS who is trying to bully you to make payments, rather than settle. 

You don’t have to pay the full amount

Yes, you do have to file taxes annually. And, if you owe the IRS, you do have to make that payment. With this being said, if you haven’t made payments in a few years, or do not have the ability to pay the full amount owed, you do have options. You can

  • Set up a payment plan with the IRS for very low interest
  • Pay a very low amount monthly
  • Avoid garnishments, workout a settlement for a lower total rate owed if you pay in full 

With an IRS tax attorney, not only are you going to learn what your options are, but you can avoid answering to the IRS’s threats if they are making any. 

Let your attorneys do the talking

Whether the IRS or other state/federal agencies are coming after you for unpaid taxes, you do have options as a taxpayer. Especially if you do not have the means to pay the entire tax bill that you owe, if you have not filed for several years or failed to properly report your earnings for any tax year as a business or as an individual filer. 

Do not respond to the IRS directly as they are going to try to make you pay up front. Instead, contact the top IRS tax attorney to work with you and work on your side. With the right team in place, your rights will be preserved as a taxpayer. Furthermore, you are going to find that there is more than one option to settle, reduce your total tax liability, and to avoid hefty fines that the IRS is claiming they are going to levy on you for unpaid taxes from previous filing years. 

Denny Riley